USA 4 - Egypt 3

Over here, we have all been watching the World Cup (in Arabic) band there seems to be a severe difference of opinions between the Americans and the Egyptians as to who is better at soccer. (Obviously you can see who from above). So we decided to take it to the field. US v. Egypt. I started left forward and then switched to the defense later. I had a couple of good attempts on goal and one great shot that somehow the keeper blocked. BUt after a while the ref's weren't calling anything right so I jumped in and took over. For the rest of the match I (as the ref), I argued (in Egyptian colloquial) with the egyptians mostly. I loved every second of it. I did great as well (as one who argues, not necessarily as the ref). Can you imagine me getting my way or the highway in a game? That doesn't seem like me. Nonetheless I earned the title الحاكم (Al-Haakim) meaning "the Judge" because of the way in which I reigned on the field. It went well.
I also wen to the Alexandrian library which was great. It is huge! And it is very modern. It has everything and is by far one of the best in the world. Unfortunately Ocouldn't take and pictures inside but here are some from the outside.



As you can see on the side are several languages from all around the world. The picture below is from Old Negev (ancient Hebrew). I learned that back when I was a nerd. That life over now. But take a look anyway.



The last picture I want to show you now is how I take notes. With any thing new (such as grammar) I try to organize it in a way where only the language is being learned. On the left is a column for extra vocabulary outside the new vocabulary that I need to memorize (flashcards, repeated practice, etc.). On the right, Are my notes. It think it is kind of cool. I never in my life thought that I would be able to do such a thing. I hope you like it.



That is it for now. I hope that you enjoyed it. And remember, Confusious says, NEVER DRINK THE WATER IN ALEXANDRIA! I endorse his thoughts.