Calling for People in Arabic is a Problem

The problem with me is that when I learn something I use it. Somethimes this is good, sometimes this is not so good. But let's face it, that is bound to happen. (Whether or not I do this on purpose is another thing.) My first mistake was out of sheer ignorance. I blame this first mistake on Peru for the error. Background: In Peru, the people call each other by many varied different styles. Sometimes the say something, sometimes a girl (who is hitting on you) makes a long snake like sound (and thus earns a reputation as one eventhough I know it is my good looks she wants) or inhales quickly with the lips half shut. In the jungle, amy people call out "Wooah!" when a door is open and they need something, even people take out coins and tap them on doors (which always brings someone within 10 seconds conviently even though you've tried every other method for 10 minutes! And that's not including knowcking or ringing the doorbell.
But when I first arrived here at the airport in Cairo, I hear a man who was very upset about something try to get the attention of two women that he knew somehow (probably wife and friend). He used a heavy snake hiss several times but they (I think) didn't hear him. I couldn't figure out why because they were so close in distance. Eventually they heard him adn crossed infornt of me to get to him. I foolishly asked one of my colleagues out loud (in Arabic) if that is how people call for eachother. The two women heard me and laughed outloud while the angry guy, became hugely embarrassed. I quickly learned that this type of call is highly inappropriate and derogatory to women. (I guessed that by asking the question I called him out and fortunately he didn't deck me!)
Then later I met an Egyptian Muslim woman named Habiba (which means "Beloved" in Arabic.) It is a name that is also used between boyfriend-girlfriend relations. But this type of relationship is not used openly in public unless the couple are engaged. This I knew. In the Middle East it is possible to call for between guy friends by using the word Ya Habibi! (=Hey Buddy! [literally "hey my beloved']) But I wanted to know whi can call her by "Ya Habibati" because of her name and all (of course she is a huge flirt with everyone and likes to joke about things anyway). But I pretended to be innocent to see her response. Answer (and she laughed when I asked her): Only her family and girl-friends can call her by Habibati unless one were to be engaged with her. So I, you, anyone any guy could never call her by this. Only family and friends can. (Sounds Like a T-Mobile thing). So I suprised her the next day by calliung her "Ya Habibat-Abuka!" (beloved of her father) and she laughed at my trick (which is 100% perfectly okay). Nonetheless I like to push things appropriatly just for fun. But this is what I love about playing the ignorant American card. You can make thiese "mistakes" if you will and nobody will hate you. But procede with caution lest somebody shank you in the airport one day!